Call to Action : Marine Lance CPL Preach

February 6, 2009 · Filed Under Household6, One of our own

x-posted at Help A ServiceMember Out.org

I received this story from Jessica in San Antonio, TX. Let’s show Kevin how much his country honors his service and sacrifice.

Ten days ago, on Jan. 24, the Humvee in which Marine Lance Cpl. Kevin Preach (age 21) was a gunner was hit by an improvised explosive device and he was badly injured. He was transported to a medical site in Germany for surgery. He was stabilized and transferred to Brooks Army Medical Center in San Antonio, where he remains in a medically induced coma. “He is very seriously injured,” his mother said from the Texas medical complex. “He’s lost his legs. He’s lost a hand. He’s seriously burned. He’s very burned. It’s not even day-to-day, it’s really hour-to-hour.”

Kevin cannot receive anything inside his sterile room, but his mom will read him cards and letters that are mailed to him. Cards and letters can be sent to: Marine Lance Cpl. Kevin T. Preach, 3857 Roger Brook Drive, Room 4 South, Fort Sam Houston, TX 78234.

If you would like to help Kevin in other ways, let me know or go sign up to be a team member at Help A ServiceMember Out.org

Thanks,
Tammy

Comments

7 Responses to “Call to Action : Marine Lance CPL Preach”

1. Jodi Warshel on February 7th, 2009 8:19 pm

Thank you for posting this about Kevin – he is a friend of my Marine son’s. Also, know that another Marine was badly injured in this incident – his name is Cpl Kenny Bowen and he is also at San Antonio Army Medical Center. I do not know the room #, but I know that Kevin’s Mom speaks with his Mom, and I’m sure would be happy to give mail for Kenny to her.

2. Jodi Warshel on February 8th, 2009 6:53 pm

I am sorry to inform you that Kevin Preach passed away yesterday. Please continue to keep his family in your prayers – the Moms of 3/8 thank you for your support. The address for Cpl Bowen is:
    Marine Cpl Kenny Bowen,
    Ward 4 North
    Bldg 3600
    3851 Roger Brooke Dr
    Ft Sam Houston, TX 78234

3. Wally Beddoe on February 9th, 2009 1:47 am

God Bless Kevin Preach. As long as there are United States Marines, Kevin will NEVER BE FORGOTTEN! Semper Fidelis.

4. Cheryl Kraemer on February 9th, 2009 7:03 pm

God bless Kevin Preach he is in a better place along with his fellow brothers and sisters. I pray to God to help his family through this time of loss. God Bless America and all the men and women who have sacrificed so much for our Country.
    May they all rest in peace, and the rest return home safely.

5. Jerry on February 10th, 2009 3:22 am

Just saw the sad news about Kevin Preach. Although I did not know him personally, him wearing the uniform is all I need to know. He is from the next town over from me and I will be one of the first in line to pay my respects.

6. Soldats de France on February 10th, 2009 10:25 pm

Your French Camarade fighting along with US and all coalition members are here to support all th familly who lost a son, a friend, a father, a brother.

7. Jennifer Budde on February 11th, 2009 1:36 am

God Bless the family of this brave Marine. I am the mother of a 3/8 India company Marine. Our family is sad to here this news and our thoughts and prayers are with this family.
    Proud Mom of a Marine